12.03.2007

I've seen the light ...

So ... I have to look back on my last post with a little bit of shagrin. (Is "shagrin" still a word?). That's what I get for blogging while still in the throes of an off moment. My weekend was filled to the brim with decorating for Christmas ... and with rain. A lot of rain. Thirty-six straight hours of rain. And lights. A lot of lights. Umpteen packages of lights.

First of all I have to say that although the rain caused some inconvenience at times, it provided the perfect setting for all things Christmas. If I squinted when I looked outside, I could almost pretend it was snow. I had Bing on high volume and I was good to go. First I undid all of the little white lights from our tree and replaced them with the the new and improved multi-colored ones. Oh yes, they are LED. How green am I?! (This little exercise took me no less than 5 hours and I won't say how many Advil, but hey, it was worth it.)

In the meantime, PDaddy had gotten started outside on the house lights. This was during a short lull in the rain, which did not last. As we stood out there with a long metal pole, attaching lights to the eaves, hearing a little thunder in the background and the rain began anew, we thought, "Hmmmm, maybe we shouldn't stand out here in the rain with a long metal pole," and put that on hold. When it finally quit raining it was pitch dark outside, but we perservered and finished. I can only speak for myself, but I actually enjoyed it. (Then again, my job is just to hold the string of lights, PDaddy does the bulk of the work.)


And then, on traditional cue, we decorated the tree last night. Complete with a fire and some (lowfat, nonalcoholic) eggnog. I'm not certain how crazy we are anymore about eggnog, (this particular carton was a little too lowfat, if you get my drift) but it wouldn't be Tree-Decorating-Sunday without it. You know, I have come to realize that Bing is a very astute man.

There is no place like home for the holidays.

How was your weekend?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

steph said...

sounds like your lack of christmas spirit only lasted for a second... good thing, too, b-c we'll be back on monday, and i can't wait to see the tree and the lights!

Mrs. Dub said...

snow stopped us from getting a tree this weekend so it was a bit bah-humbug for us. but at least it didn't snow for 36 hours, though there was some freezing rain for a few hours.

P Daddy said...

Wait a minute...is that an acorn hidden among the LED lights on my (okay, our) Christmas tree? Don't tell me we're going to go through the whole it's a pineapple, it's a pinecone, it's an acorn thing again. This is pretty clearly an acorn, so what, pray tell, is it doing on a pine tree?

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Ha-Ha!I love p daddy! I don't have any lights outside! nothing, not even a tacky blow-up thang! Boo-Hoo!(Maybe it's a pinecone that's mooning someone...)