12.14.2007

How Merry is this?!


So ... this little charmer sits on top of my small tree in the entry. I just love her. She became mine last year when she was my gift at my good friend's party. Every year we play the game where you pick a gift or take one away from someone else. At her party we play with the gifts still wrapped, but it's always fun. Last year this gift actually was from Glamma Fab herself which explains the exquisite taste. A surprising amount of my Christmas decor comes from parties such as these.

What's the best thing you ever won in a Santa Swap? Can it honestly beat my spritely someone pictured above? I don't think so.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ginny said...

Is it bad I'm always happy when my own gift comes back to me? I almost won a home slot machine last year, but I gave it up.

P Daddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P Daddy said...

Best thing I ever got was a musical miner or trail boss--the costume is a little non-descript--who sings "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" when you press his hand. it still delights a daughter now in her 30's and looks good sitting on top of the pillows on our bed. I think he might be a subject of a future post. Otherwise, I'd think the best thing you could get in a Santa Swap is Mrs. Claus but maybe that's a different game.

steph said...

i always get weird things... never ones that i keep. i always hope for the food/candy related gifts, but i never receive those. i always give gift cards/food/candy in hopes that i'll get it back... it never happens.

i still always enjoy the gift swap though...

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

I love it that you put that gal on top of your little tree. Perfect! I, like Steph, always like the candy in a swap, and like our simplyhappy author have many decorations from past parties. It will be fun to see what presents the girlfriends will bring in February since it will be a Valentine theme! I can't wait!