7.23.2008

Pink Chomping



So ... technically I am still taking pictures of pictures ... but these ones are just more fun (which I promised) and required me to eat a calorie-ridden cupcake (which I did.)

After our morning round of appointments we had some lunch (eh ... so so) and ventured next door into a charming little shop, appropriately called Sugar. The walls were all painted in lovely pink stripes, with these luscious pictures of sugar laden goodies to offset the oppulent displays with the real things for sale on the other side.

Of course it would have been just rude, rude, rude to take my pictures and leave. Being the generous soul that I am, I purchased a chocolate/cream cheese cupcake and ate it on the spot. PDaddy had an oatmeal raisin cookie. I would hardly call that Sugar, but to each his own.

On the way back, PDaddy himself pointed out this lovely scene, above. Even if you live in an old high-rise apartment building, that doesn't mean you can't add your own sparkle and panache.

I would definitely call that Sugar!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

This would be Miss Dub's dream store. (Not that I would complain - cookie or cupcake sounds great to me!)

I really don't mind pictures of pictures. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around 30 days of them!

steph said...

i love cupcakes...

... and you.

... and pdaddy.

sounds like a fine day to me.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

I want one of those cupcakes now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P Daddy said...

I love tree shaded old streets with brownstone buildings with character. And someone who dresses up their window sill with flower pots or a flower box gets bonus points. Seattle is wonderful, though not sure I could put up with the rainy season and 190 cloudy days just to get the rest. On our harbor cruise, they pointed out that Houston, New York City, and Miami all get 15-25 inches more rain per year than Seattle. But those cities spread it out all through the year, not in six-eight months of near non-stop rain. Imagine how great Phoenix would be if those 150 days of 100 degrees were spread out with 5 a month instead of strung together in 5 months of Hell.

Also, Seattle makes San Francisco seem flat. Walked 10 (fairly long) blocks from the waterfront to the top of First Hill (probably a 300 foot or greater vertical gain over about six tenths of a mile). Seemed much worse than walks I remember from the Embarcadero or Fisherman's Wharf to Nob Hill, but maybe I'm just older. Still, not bad (despite stopping to catch our breath for a couple changes of the light at every intersection) for a quilt maven and someone who had pulmonary emboli four weeks ago.

I know. I should get my own blog and not write novel length comments on other peoples'.

Jodi Nelson said...

LOVE the building and the ONE window with flowers and lights. SUCH A GREAT picture! And PDaddy, YES! You should totally start your own blog. I LOVED reading your comment. Truly. Hope all is going well in Seattle. And I'm SO glad someone understand the whole 190 days IN A ROW cloudy thing. Here's a high-five for ya! Hope you guys enjoyed the Sunshine today. wahoo! I was happy, happy, happy.