10.25.2007

ONE !


So ... I am still in the Land O' Lincoln, absorbing the crisp fall air, wearing more layers than I have in many a moon and inhaling the sweet, sweet scent that is my Miss Dub. But wait ... there's more . . .

Today (yes, this very day) we are celebrating her first birthday!! What a joy a year of grandmotherhood has been. Wow.

I must add that I am also reveling in every moment with Mrs. Dub. Last night we had mother-daughter bonding time while we "made" a pirate. Isn't that what you do to bond with your children? I thought so. If not, you ought to try it.

* Go here to see Miss Dub in action
** The pirate is for the church Halloween party. And it's not alive.

5 comments:

P Daddy said...

I think Grandma's getting more time with kids and grandkids is pretty good compensation for all that labor (birth, raising, and beyond). I'm glad you can have the time with the midwest branch of the family. And it is so much better to have you making a pirate with Mrs. Dub than when she was younger and we thought she might marry or run off with a pirate.

hilari said...

trust me pdaddy on that last thought. hooray hooray for miss dubs first year. they should really start having cap and gown graduations for such events.

steph said...

yay! happy bday to my favorite niece ever!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Aren't our grandchildren Fabulous!!!!!? It's only going to get better, and I think we need to start planning a double family holiday in say 6 years. Something like a Disney Cruise.........
Happy Birthday sweet one! Your Glamma Fab. loves you!

Mrs. Dub said...

i'm her mom, and i feel honored to be here on the big day.

mostly, because you are here with me (and babysitting and cleaning and helping out).

if i'm a good mother at all, it's because i've learned from the best!

love you!