10.02.2007

Applique - tions


How many times can we segue into Fall when ... let's face it ... it is still in the 90's out my front door? The way I look at it, if every segue lowers the temps a degree or two, then we are that much closer to a little "frost" on the pumpkins. After entertaining you with the delightful charm of my grandchildren over the last few days however, I thought it time to get back to the very serious business of quilting. And Fall.

This little number has a certain significance above and beyond trying to force a change of seasons. This quilt, "Bountiful", is one I designed and made last year and will be teaching as a class next Tuesday the 9th of October at this store. It also marks the inauguration of my foray into the business of publishing quilt patterns . . . under the name

simplehappy designs

To be perfectly honest, it took me almost as much time to make the pattern as it took me to make the quilt. But, that's OK. I've heard that's not unusual.

Did I mention that I have actually sold some copies? Wow ... will wonders never cease?

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

don't go forgetting us when you're famous, ya hear?

Angy said...

super cute quilt! and, not that you need it, good luck on selling your patterns! that's awesome!! :)

steph said...

yay for simplehappy designs! this makes me simply happy!

Anonymous said...

Great applique project. I love the cute pumpkin pictures on the earlier post.

P Daddy said...

And to think, I knew her when....