5.01.2009

What's with all the Color??


So ... this sure doesn't look like me. I mean, where are the pastels and the florals and the ... simplehappy? It's just temporary, mind you, but I've gotta admit that it's been more than a barrel of fun. I'm doing two paper-pieced New York Beauty blocks for display at the BC for an upcoming Cinco de Mayo Event.

The strangest (saddest?) part is that all of these fabrics came out of my stash. Back in '03 when I first started working with quality fabric with a store discount, I snatched up everything in sight. Seriously ... it was a tad over the top. It was a few years later that I decided to narrow my focus and my spending. I'm not sorry at all that I did, but I'm also not sorry that I am having this much fun.

In other freakishly good news: I won another GiveAway! I'm. Not. Kidding. I won a whole KIT over at Miss Rosie's ... Carrie Nelson. (She's a fellow AZer and she actually played a part in my decision to focus on the simplehappy, btw.) I started doing the math and I do believe that I have some sort of good-luck vibe going with the give aways. I have got to start entering more of them.

Thank you Miss Rosie. Now ... off to the Kingdom to get all bleary-eyed with the COLOR.

Do you think I should wear sunglasses?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angy said...

i love all the bright colors! can't wait to see the finished product :)