2.02.2009

Cereal Thriller


So ... I thought it was high time for another facinating True Confession. Another tidbit to further cement in your mind that my mind is not all it could be. Another reason for you to snicker and for my children to mutter "oh, please" under their breath. But here goes anyway:

I have an unnatural obsession with Cold Cereal. I cannot ... repeat ... cannot live without it in my life each and every day. There are currently 9 separate kinds of cereal in my pantry, with multiple boxes of some of those. I realize that's not too weird, but when you add to that the fact that I must ... repeat ... must have at least two cereals mixed in my bowl each day plus the added bonus that my favorite snack is a bowl of dry cold cereal mixed with chocolate chips and ...

... yes ... I do believe I can hear my children muttering from coast to coast.


But just so you know, I still have friends, despite my propensity for all things oatey. In fact just this week my friend Kelley gave me this darling cake stand set. To add to the fun, she let me know what an absolute steal it was because she knew I would love it even more with the added bargain factor. (And ... no ... she didn't actually steal it ... as far as I know.)

So do me a favor and help out a girl's self esteem by admitting to me and the blogging world:

Do you have any food oddities/obsessions and ... What's your favorite cold cereal?*

*mine would have to be Life mixed with Heart to Heart.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Angy said...

ooo i love cereal! but of course, nothing that's good for me... peanut butter captain crunch and lucky charms are 2 of my faves :P

ginny said...

What, not the cereal topic again ... mutter, mutter, mutter--OOH! LOVE the cake stand!

(Cracklin' Oat Bran mixed with Golden Grahams. But I only have it like 4 times a year.)

Kate said...

That cake stand is darling!
I love cereal too, and I have to start my day with it. My faves are plain and boring... Crispix, plain Cheerios, Corn Flakes. Never mixed. Never with sugar added. Just skim milk. Yummmm.
My mother-in-law does dry cereal with chocolate chips for a snack every night.

Ginger said...

Cheerios with sliced strawberries. So yummy. I prefer fresh, but in the winter that doesn't happen so I use the freeze dried sliced ones that we can get through Emergency Essentials.

MarySue said...

Captain Crunch (orignial) but I don't eat it anymore. LOVE the cake stands-what a friend!

Jessi said...

Yes! A day is not complete without a nice bowl of cereal. Have you ever tried bite-size Shredded Wheat and Quaker Natural granola mixed with strawberry yogurt and milk? It's good.

brookegfunk said...

Honey Comb and frosted flakes...Mmmmm! I also have been known to enjoy thick and rich Tang.with crushed ice and an ice tea teaspoon ..Delish the spoon makes all the dif'.

Salmagundi said...

I will admit to an obsession with Cheerios with three teaspoons of crunchy peanut butter in it covered with milk EVERY single morning. If we are going out to breakfast, I will get up early enough to eat my Cheerios/peanut butter before going out. Sally

Tara said...

Can't eat cold cereal at all, but I love your obsession!

steph said...

all bran strawberry medley... 'nuf said.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

My fave: Frosted Flakes eaten right out of the box... I don't buy but once a year becuz yes, I will eat the box at one sitting.

Lily Glover said...

mmm hands down honey bunches of oats...cant live without it.

Jodi Nelson said...

mmm. mixing cereals. I have NEVER heard of that. Guess I might have to try it. I'm totally stuck on honey nut cherrios right now. Boring. I was hooked on Honey Bunches for a long time. And Shredded Wheat is always a good choice. I go in spurts. Sometimes I eat a lot of cold cereal, other times, hardly at all. Cake stands? FABULOUS. ;o)ooxx`jodi