1.29.2008

Going Green

So ... I like the Planet Earth.

As a result, I am doing two (count 'em 2!) things this week to help the cause of all things green.

#1: I am in the market for a new car and I plan to buy one with better gas mileage than the last one (which wasn't exactly a Hummer in the first place) and ...

#2: I am making a quilt with a rainforest theme.

This particular quilt will be a gift for my first grand-nephew who is due in February. When I asked his Grandma (my SIL) what colors to go with, she simply said ... "rainforest".

I had tremendous fun invading The Stash to find the fabrics. As you may or may not know ... I only sew from my stash. It surprised even me how many choices I had. There are 3 other theme fabrics with equal fun, frivolity and ... ecology. I will show off the finished product ... hopefully ... before this baby makes his debut on Planet Earth.


* BTW, I also plan to replace my lightbulbs but had a bad experience the first time I tried. The new 3-way swirly-bulb was too big to fit under the "harp".
** No secrets were exposed in the making of this post. SIL and niece are not bloggers.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jessi said...

Very cool! I've been meaning to change our lightbulbs, too. I'll have to move it up my priority list.

Glamma Fabulous aka Kelley Smith said...

You really ARE turning into a great "colorist"! I am LOVING your color combinations lately (really in the last few years) This will be an heirloom for sure... OOO and a X on the cheek!

brooke gfunk said...

What a lucky lil' dude to recieve such a cool quilt!

Tara said...

I love the combo in fabrics--looks great!

P Daddy said...

This quilt is so cool it leaves me singing in the rain...forest.

Jen said...

those are so cute. I love that green especially.