1.29.2008

Going Green

So ... I like the Planet Earth.

As a result, I am doing two (count 'em 2!) things this week to help the cause of all things green.

#1: I am in the market for a new car and I plan to buy one with better gas mileage than the last one (which wasn't exactly a Hummer in the first place) and ...

#2: I am making a quilt with a rainforest theme.

This particular quilt will be a gift for my first grand-nephew who is due in February. When I asked his Grandma (my SIL) what colors to go with, she simply said ... "rainforest".

I had tremendous fun invading The Stash to find the fabrics. As you may or may not know ... I only sew from my stash. It surprised even me how many choices I had. There are 3 other theme fabrics with equal fun, frivolity and ... ecology. I will show off the finished product ... hopefully ... before this baby makes his debut on Planet Earth.


* BTW, I also plan to replace my lightbulbs but had a bad experience the first time I tried. The new 3-way swirly-bulb was too big to fit under the "harp".
** No secrets were exposed in the making of this post. SIL and niece are not bloggers.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jessi said...

Very cool! I've been meaning to change our lightbulbs, too. I'll have to move it up my priority list.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

You really ARE turning into a great "colorist"! I am LOVING your color combinations lately (really in the last few years) This will be an heirloom for sure... OOO and a X on the cheek!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky lil' dude to recieve such a cool quilt!

Tara said...

I love the combo in fabrics--looks great!

P Daddy said...

This quilt is so cool it leaves me singing in the rain...forest.

Jen said...

those are so cute. I love that green especially.