8.19.2011

Emma 1977 ~ 2011


When I received the news that Mrs. Dub had just given birth to Dub Girl #3, I was actually already on the way to the airport to go to Utah for another reason. I was going to the funeral of my brilliant and beautiful niece ... Emma ... who was only 34 years old. She died very suddenly of something that normally takes someone 2 or 3 times her age.

Mrs. Gee and I drove straight from the airport to the hospital, held that precious 5-hour old baby for an hour or so and then drove straight to the Viewing.

The circle of life ... and it's ultimate plan ... were not lost on me.

Emma was honored in grand style on Saturday when many, many people came to pay tribute. Her family (my sister's family) did a splendid job and we all came away inspired and uplifted.

Thank you, Emma, for all of your giving. Give our love to the PDaddy.

(You can see her obituary here. I tried to save and transfer the picture, but it just wasn't happening.)

1 comment:

PamKittyMorning said...

I am so sorry for your loss. xo