10.01.2008

Butterflies are NOT Free

So ... I have a project in the works and as you can see ... it has a ways to go. In fact you may be seriously doubting the ... disparity ... we shall say, of the different blocks pictured below. One might go so far as to say ...

What the heck?



You are just going to have to trust me on this one.

In the meantime, let me tell you how I paid a price for my little fluttery friends. My sewing room is upstairs, as are some bedrooms not currently in use. It wasn't until I climbed the stairs on Monday afternoon that I realized that the air conditioning was not working. (First clue? Profuse and unstoppable sweating.) I immediately called the people who had replaced our downstairs unit last year ... who didn't call me back. I tried again on Tuesday morning (I have butterflies to sew people and I can't do it drenched in sweat!) and spoke to a real person who cheerfully said they could be out to fix it on ...

... October 14th!! What the heck?! Later, I called someone else who came out within a couple of hours. The good news was that it only involved the thermostat. The bad news is that it still cost more than a few smackeroos.

So I am off to The Kingdom ... my refreshingly cool and disgustlingly messy Kingdom. I'll let you know how many different styles of butterflies I can sew.

Any favorites? Any suggestions? Any contributions to the Cause?

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Salmagundi said...

I love the one with the cherries on her wings! Are they reproduction depression-era fabrics? My second choice is the one in tan & black. Glad your "kingdom" has cooled off. Sally

Mrs. Dub said...

i'm all about mismatch so i think your new piece will be lovely.

p.s. here, it was 54 degrees today. maybe next time you should spend the money on a plane ticket.

ginny said...

Absolutely stunning. (I love digital thermostats).

Oh, and the quilt looks great, too.

quilterpolly said...

I love the pink one:)I think they will look great:)

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

I can't wait to see how you are pulling them all together!