3.27.2010

Life is Funny

So ... life is funny. Take today for instance. I had a busy day and upon returning home, I stopped to get my mail. It was all pretty much junk except that lo and behold, there amongst the junk was a ... magic key. (My mail comes to one of those multi-user boxes at the end of the street where, if I receive anything bigger than the usual, I am given a key to open another ... larger ... box where I will find some sort of package. I agree ... this has game show written all over it.) Much to my delight and shake-my-head-surprise it was from my friend Ginger. Let me explain:

Ginger and I have never met, we live thousands of miles apart, but we know each other three different ways. (#1) She is the sister-in-law to not one but two of my daughters' roommates. (#2) She is a quilter and a blogger and (#3) She won a Give-Away of mine back in the day when life was normal and I did stuff like ... give stuff away.


Well, my package contained these three oh-so-lovely fabrics that are oh-so-me with a note that said she was weeding through her stash and apparently found these fabrics screaming my name and so she took the time to send them on to me.
Wow. Life is funny.
And good too.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I'm so glad they arrived safely. Have fun with them. :-)

Leslie said...

fabric is way better than junk mail. that ginger is so nice. :) glad you guys "know" each other!

Riley Noehren said...

Ginger's the best! And that fabric IS so you.

hilari said...

sounds like everyone needs a little ginger in their life.